Thursday, January 31, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 30 - The Green Tea Pact

So sorry for the delays this week! It has been a CRAZY one, so I'll be playing catch-up over the next couple of days.
So I'm a tea lover. My sweet friend Hayley learned one day that I had an extreme aversion to tea, and bless her, she made it her mission to change my attitude with her special tea-making method. My life has turned full circle since she put in those hours of effort with me, and I will be eternally grateful to her. Sniff.
Anyway, this post ain't about your average run-of-the-mill cuppa tea. As I mentioned in my last post, this week has been our annual staff retreat. The lady in the photo above is someone I've mentioned before - her name is Gen, and she's the receptionist who stocks lollies at the front desk like she was born to do it. On the first day of the retreat, it came about that neither of us had tried green tea before, but both of us were keen to check it out. So we made a solemn pact that the next day at morning tea, we would try it together. And so we did! The word on green tea? It tastes kind of like grass. I spoke to my sister, a once heavy-user of green tea, about the phenomenon and she explained that yes, it still tastes a bit grassy even when you're used to it but most people drink it for its health benefits. Because green tea is a healthy brew to get into you! I could do the research and tell you some facts about it, but earlier this month my friend Bronwyn posted this so I thought instead I could just direct you over there!
Am I completely against picking up another cup of green tea again? Nope. I can see myself begrudgingly getting used to it. I just wanted to put a warning out there that despite its health benefits, too much green tea (like a few cups a day) can cause severe stomach issues so don't overdo it!

No comments:

Post a Comment