Friday, January 4, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 4 - Weightloss Tools 101

I'm a bit of a veteran Weight Watchers member. I've attended numerous meetings in my time and have picked up all kinds of ideas - some good, some not so much - from other members during the discussion time over the years. I've forgotten most of them - but this one handy little trick has stuck with me, and tonight I employed it. I'm one of those people who won't eat anything once they've brushed their teeth - it makes everything taste bad, and it destroys the carefully executed cleanliness of my mouth! Tonight I was being tempted by a rich, gooey chocolate caramel tart that some friends left with us after a dinner party last night. Straight after dinner, it was all I could think about. I opened the fridge door, stared at it, and in a fleeting moment I realised that I wanted to have a small victory, not an indulgence. Now don't get me wrong - I believe that a healthy lifestyle can totally incorporate the occasional indulgence, even when you're actively trying to lose weight. You can strike a healthy balance. However, tonight wasn't one of those times that I felt good about indulging. Without giving myself a chance to think twice, I slammed the fridge closed and high-tailed it to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I have to admit, the idea of having this little victory to blog about was a huge motivating factor! Since starting this project, I've received so much encouragement from people and have even inspired a few people to focus on their health. My blog has been averaging 100 hits per day since January 1st. My friend Bronwyn has even started blogging her own journey! These things keep me excited and motivated to do what I'm doing, to show those supporting me that I'm not all talk and that I can commit to this long-term. So if you're one of my friends who's been encouraging me, or even just reading my blog each day, you're already a part of my long-term success and I'm grateful for you! Thank you :)

1 comment:

  1. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! phenq

    ReplyDelete