Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Days 15 & 16 - Mushroom Mini Pizzas, And The Importance Of Water

Day 15: Sorry I got a day behind guys! Yesterday was a crazy one. I still took a photo though! Yesterday I officially committed to focus on my water intake. I mean, considering how hot and muggy it was yesterday, it was a pretty easy commitment to make!! Water is important for so many reasons, especially in the Summer when you're losing more of it through sweat. I found this site had some great info, so check it out! There's lots of opinions out there as to how much water we should be drinking, but the general consensus is 8 glasses per day. However, if you want an accurate idea day-by-day (based on weight, weather, etc) you can check out this Hydration Calculator I found! I'm going to do a few posts over the next couple of weeks with some ideas on how to drink more water. As you can see in the photo, I'm starting by carrying a water bottle with me wherever I go. You can buy a huge pack of them and pack one in your handbag each day. Often I get thirsty when I'm out (especially at the shops!) and resort to buying a bottle of water at retail price! So now I can even save a bit of money.

Day 16: Recipe time! Tonight we worked a bit later than usual so I wanted to cook something quick and easy (and of course, healthy!) for dinner. I browsed through Pinterest while waiting for Chris to pack his things, and stumbled upon this recipe which I decided to adapt a little. In short, you make little pizzas but use large flat mushrooms instead of traditional pizza bases. Luckily we're big mushroom-lovers in this house! Once you've chopped all your ingredients, these are so quick and easy to assemble. Perfect week night meal that I think I'm going to be pulling out fairly regularly! You can choose your own toppings, otherwise here's what I did...

Mini Mushroom Pizzas
Makes 4

Ingredients:
Olive oil spray
4 large flat mushrooms, stalks removed
1/4 jar tomato-based pasta sauce
Handful baby spinach leaves
1 chorizo sausage, diced
2 thin slices prosciutto, torn into shreds
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
Handful of shredded pizza-blend cheese
1 tbs oregano (dry or fresh)

Preheat oven to 180C.
Spray olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add chorizo, prosciutto, capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion and capsicum have softened a little. Set aside.
Lay mushrooms on a baking tray, under-sides up. Spread pasta sauce on under-side of mushrooms.
Lay a few spinach leaves on each mushroom. Top with chorizo mixture. Top with cheese. Sprinkle each mushroom with oregano.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with a salad. Which I didn't, but totally will next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment