Friday, January 4, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 5 - Ladies Who Walk

This morning while the sane were sleeping, I forced myself out of bed at 6.30 (yep, on a Saturday. There was whimpering) to meet my friends Ali and Bec for a walk. We met at Bibra Lake, which is kind of central for us, and walked around the whole lake (a total of 6km!) I had such a great time! We talked the entire way around the lake, which I'm sure burns extra calories, right? Ha! The hour seemed to go by so quickly! When we reached the end, I felt great. Then I got in the car and both my feet seized up with cramps. Currently I'm in a fair amount of pain but am already keen for my next walk with friends. It's a lot more motivating than walking by yourself, though I was worried about slowing them down with my terrible fitness level! We've decided to meet up weekly and encourage other friends to come along too.
After the walk I downed my second green smoothie for breakfast. Yum! Now I'm off to wash my hair and get ready for a wedding. There's something so good about exercising and washing your hair in the morning - I'm all set to feel great today!

No comments:

Post a Comment