Friday, January 25, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 25 - Klara 1; KFC 0

To the untrained eye, this might just look like an ordinary dinner of crumbed fish and salad. But today it represents one giant victory for me! Chris is out at the basketball tonight and I stopped at a friend's house on the way home from work. By the time I was heading home, alone, it was after 6.30. I was hungry, and was faced with all of my favourite takeaway restaurants on the drive home. Painful. Nasty. The toughest to drive by was KFC - basically the worst of them all! I was facing a major inner battle. I'm not going to lie - I decided 10 times in the space of a couple of minutes to just blow it and get KFC for dinner. But luckily, I also managed to decide 11 times not to! I knew I had some leftover salad ingredients in the fridge and some crumbed fish in the freezer, and somehow I made it home without the dreaded white plastic bag filled with greasy chicken and chips. And you know? The fish and salad was freaking delicious. I'm counting tonight as a huge win!

No comments:

Post a Comment