Monday, January 28, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 28 - Once You Pop, You Can Totally Stop!

This afternoon Chris had some man-time with his friend Steve. They played video games and chilled in the air-conditioned living room while I hid out in the bedroom, reading and preparing a photo collage that I have to present at our staff retreat this week. An hour or so after Steve arrived, I made the executive decision to be an amazing lady-of-the-house/hostess and pop some popcorn. Also, I really wanted some popcorn. Now, keep in mind that all we keep in the house is the full-butter full-fat kind - none of this flavourless air-popped garbage for us. Seriously, does anyone enjoy that??? In the interest of being good, I pulled out a little bowl of my own and claimed a small portion of the salty gold, and I gave the boys free reign on the rest. None of this constant reaching into the big shared bowl, fooling myself into believing that I'm not eating that much popcorn! While it wasn't an ideal treat for someone on a healthy kick, I know that I at least didn't go overboard and stuff my face with the stuff. And today, that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment