Thursday, January 24, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 24 - Day-To-Day Resistance

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person out there who struggles day-to-day with temptation. You can do everything to make sure you don't have treats and indulgences in your fridge and pantry at home, and you can prepare yourself to make good decisions on the occasion that you go out. But when you work a 9-5, it can be pretty easy for your resolve to break down during the course of the day! It might be a quiet period, where you can't help but turn your mind to food (I'm a total bored-eater!), it might be a particularly stressful day that can be numbed with sugar, or you might frequently visit the receptionists and find yourself facing the "welcome lollies" perched on the front desk. For me, it's all those things and more! It always seems that someone's baking treats for everyone to share in my office, and our receptionist is a whiz at stocking an array of sweet treats for visitors, volunteers and co-workers alike. For me, this can mean the difference between eating the perfect amount of points in a day, and thoughtlessly blowing my points by chowing down on snacks that I forget to track throughout the day. This week's temptation was Milky Ways, and you'll be pleased to know (I'm assuming, because you're supportive of me) I didn't indulge. I had one on Tuesday which I incorporated into my points allowance, but the rest of the week I bravely avoided them. I'm always going to come up against temptation, if not at work then at parties, or at the movies, or out with friends. Avoiding temptation is a strong, healthy mind-set to get into, but one which is going to require some work. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment