Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 9 - Lovely Light Lunch!

Today I wanted to share a light lunch idea with you. After being inspired by a friend who had fruit toast with mascarpone almost every day for breakfast at her favourite restaurant on a trip to Melbourne, I wanted to give it a go. I tried this for breakfast yesterday, and it was so good that I decided to have it for lunch today! All you need is:
- an english fruit muffin
- 25g mascarpone
- honey
- fresh fruit
Just toast the muffin, spread the halves with mascarpone, drizzle with a little bit of honey and top with any fruit of your choosing! The fruit I used today was banana and pear. I liked the pear best... I'm also really keen to try strawberries and blueberries!

If you tend to have the same thing for lunch at work day after day, try mixing it up by reading menus online of your favourite restaurants and cafes... more often than not, you'll stumble across ideas (especially in the breakfast and appetizer sections) that are easy for you to recreate with minimum culinary skills AND are fresh and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment