Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Days 20 & 21 - Incidental Exercise Strikes Again and A Bit Of A Re-Focus

Day 20: Sunday was a perfect mix of productivity and recovery time with Chris. We deep-cleaned our bedroom, started watching Ed right from the beginning (yep, circa 2000), and ate a hearty, delicious dinner of BBQ'd tandoori lamb shoulder with naan bread. It was definitely one of those perfect, cruisy weekend days that we all need once in a while! In amongst all the TV-watching, I picked up the weights Chris gave me for my birthday and did a few reps of a bunch of different toning exercises. Easy, incidental exercise that certainly won't help me lose weight, but over time I'm hoping it will help tone my arms a little.

Day 21: Today I did a bit of soul-searching. The last 21 days have been good, and I can recognise some great changes I'm making, but I'm just not seeing results yet. It was definitely time for a big re-focus! I love lists, so today I made a list of things I'm doing right, and things I'm doing wrong, and as you can see the 'wrong' list is unfortunately quite a bit longer. I'm finding that I'm tracking points every day, but will be tempted to grab "just a spoonful of yoghurt" and "just a couple of lollies" here and there throughout the day... so on paper it looks like I'm eating the exact right amount of food, but in reality I'm actually sneaking a lot in there! I need to exercise more than I am, I'm eating too-big portions... the list goes on. I've stuck my list up on the fridge to help remind me of ways that I can improve... and hopefully soon enough I'll start being able to shift items from the right column into the left! It was definitely a great exercise that left me with a clearer picture of what I need to do if I want to succeed. So if you're stuck in a rut, or if what you're doing just isn't working for you, I highly recommend list-making!

No comments:

Post a Comment