Sunday, January 2, 2011

What I Did 365 - Day 31

Awwww! There are definite perks to working where I do! One of those perks is the fact that I have a sister who works here too, in the wildlife section no less! She always has funny stories about the animals, and today on my lunch break I came to visit her. She was hanging with the 3 resident koalas and not only did I get to pat them, I got some great photos too!! The guy in the photo above is Rusty and he was very grumpy because of the heat. Despite his crankiness, he was pretty curious about the phone I was sticking in his face to photograph him with! My sister's job was to spray them with a bit of water occasionally to keep them cool. As soon as she turned on the hose and started spraying the tree, one koala, Tiny, bolted up from where he was stretched out on the ground and raced up the tree so he could get a hit of the water! So cute! I've never seen a koala move so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment