Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I Did 365 - Day 236

Boo-yah! When, on a little bit of a whim, I decided to enroll back in my course at uni a few months ago... I was nervous. In fact I dreaded returning to study. The first eight units of my degree were a real fight for me. I hated almost every moment of the experience... the stress of assignments, the hassle of getting to class, the ridiculous amount of money spent on text books. I started my degree coming off full-time office work and I missed my full-time salary and the fact that my only commitment there was 8 hours a day - the evenings and weekends were mine. I burnt out of uni within my first six months of marriage in 2009, and part of me was convinced that I would never return to it. At the start of this year, I gained a place to study Education Assistance at the local Tafe, but on a whim shortly after finding this out, I visited the Curtin Uni website, signed in on my old student account and enrolled in full-time classes. Just like that (a surprisingly easy process!) I was a uni student again. Now I'm not saying last semester was all smooth-sailing and joy. There was stress and frustration and more than one 4.30am bedtime when it was assignment crunch-time. But overall it felt so much better than it ever had previously. Which is why it was so exciting and rewarding to get my results for my first semester back!!!!! As you can see, there's a bit of a range in overall marks but I passed it all, and getting that page of results was just a great moment for me. It's nice to know that at least one part of my degree was a bit of a bright spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment