Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 35 - 'Ave An Av!

Blimey. I love avocado. Avocado is proof that people change for the better. Two years ago I hated it. Now I can't get enough of it. My love of avocado seems to grow exponentially, to the point where I'm consuming it daily. Maybe it's replaced my coffee addiction?
On top of being ridiculous delicious, avocado is rather good for you too. Yes, it's pretty high in fat compared to other vegetables (or is it a fruit? Hmmm) but it's the good kind of fat - apparently, there's such a thing. Fat content aside, avocado helps prevent cancer and strokes, protects eye health, lowers cholesterol, is good for your heart, assists with nutrient absorption, and is the richest source of Vitamin E (which promotes general overall health). Also its antioxidants help prevent aging, which for someone who'll be turning 30 in less than 3 years is good news! Haha. I'm just kidding. I'm super young. I just don't feel it sometimes. This site basically says everything I've just said, but with a bit more info than I offered. There's lots of info out there, because avocados are great! Avocado power!

No comments:

Post a Comment